SALKANTAY TREK 5 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA
We will pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 am, and then we go in a private transport to Mollepata where you will have breakfast. After we take a local transport that will lead to the village of Cruz Pata, along the way you can admire the view over the beautiful landscape of Izcuchaca and Limatambo. The first day is not so difficult, this day you will acclimatize us a little to the altitude. This day you will walk an average of 6 hours , reaching the first camping site, where we will spend the night, and also have lunch. In the afternoon visit a spectacular glacier Umantay name, which has a beutiful light blue lagoon , and in the afternoon you will have a comforting dinner before to bedtime.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS – CHAULLAY
The second day is the hardest of the trek because we will reach 4,600 meters. After 4 hours of ascent you will reach the pass, here the views are fabulous. The guide there organize a small ceremony with ancestral coca leaves. After that we go down to the valley of Huayraqmachay our lunch is waiting for us, and then you have to go down from this point two hours more until the second camp, you will arrive at 5:00 pm.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – SANTA TERESA
After breakfast at 7:00 am, we descend through various plantations of, coffee, banana, cassava, passion fruit, etc. Small waterfalls and crystal clear streams along the way invite you to a refreshing swim. With a little luck you can see next to an impressive panorama, various birds, such as the national bird of Peru “Cock of the Rock”. After 3 hours walking in the jungle you reach the village from the beach, eat lunch there; afternoon is going down in a local transportation to Santa Teresa where we will camp, so it is going to visit the baths termomedicinales Cocalmayo.
In the evening we return to the camp where he will spend the night, those who wish can go to local bars and nightclubs.
DAY 4: SANTA TERESA- HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
On the morning after breakfast we go to Aguas Calientes, here are two options:
- If you want to make the walk will do so from hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes where arrived very early for lunch.
- Make the zip line from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, and then go transportation to Hidroelectrica, here usually will have lunch, then walk to hot water.
In the town of Aguas Calientes will sleep in a hostel and will taste a delicious dinner in a tourist restaurant.
DAY 5: MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
It is the most important day since visistaremos the cioiudadela of Machu Picchu. To get there you have two options, the first is to walk from hot water; for it we will have to get up at 4:00 am, you will come up without the guide. An approximate time is 1 hour, for which need a flashlight.
And if you will walk, the option is to take the bus, the first leaves at 5:30 am, get to Machu Picchu takes only 30 minutes.
Either option is found again with the guide at the checkpoint of Machu Picchu, with the guide to visit the most important for two hours sectors, then you have a free time to take pictures, or those who have booked a mountain They can go even these places.
Your suggested time return is at 14:00 pm, so you can have lunch, and wait for your train back to Ollantaytambo, then to Cusco by bus.
The arrival in Cusco is the Plaza de San Francisco, at 20:30 AM.
- Bus transportation: Cusco – Soraypampa
- Bus Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Train: from Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo Station
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- English tour guide
- Horsemen and mules carrying tents, kitchen equipment, but also backpacks, sleeping bags and mattresses (Max 5 kilos per person.)
- Horse Safety: in case someone needs help
- Meals: 4 breakfasts / 4 lunches / 4 dinners /
- Equipment: camping tents for two people, mattress, kitchen tent, tables and chairs, crockery / cutlery,
- First aid kit (including emergency oxygen bottle)
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day
- Sleeping bag (rent: US $ 20 for the whole tour)
- Trekking poles ( $ 15.00 USD )
- Drinks and meals not mentioned
- Huayna Picchu mountain (optional, $ 80:00 usd per person)
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
PACKING LIST RECOMMENDED FOR THE JOURNEY:
- A medium backpack
- A good sleeping bag that support temperature of -10 C
- Water purification tablets
- Goretex trekking shoes technology
- Hiking poles
- sandals and socks are recommended
- Pants and shorts
- Warm jacket or sweater
- Rain jacket Goretex technology
- Flashlight with batteries
- Toiletries and medications
- Towel and toilet paper
- Extra money in soles (we recommend 300 soles)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The reservation amount is not refundable , is used to buy the ticket entrances and arrange all the tour program.
- Payments by Paypal and VISA has a fee of 6 %, that is not cover by the travel agency.
- If you don’t appear in your Hotel teh day of your pick up for the trek or journey , will after 15 min considered as not show, it means you will miss all the travel package.
- The travel agency doesn’t have any responsability if you will lost your personal belongins along the trail or transportation, we suggest all teh time check your personal staff.
- The Payment of the balance must be done 48 hours in advace, in the travel office, will much better in cash (dollars or peruvian soles at the day rate).
- Any type of claim or incongruity, which is not in accordance with your reservation form please express it before the tour, during the briefing, so that we can give an immediate solution.
- If the passenger on the day of pickup is in a state of drunkenness, it will be considered a serious fault, and according to Peruvian laws, we will avoid taking you to travel, thus safeguarding your health and integrity. Therefore you will lose your journey.
- Passengers who claim theft of their belongings, only to request an amount of money from the embassy, will be placed at the disposal of the police inspectorate, and if it finds, the flagrante delicto, will be denounced and forced to pay a civil Equivalent amount of false theft.
- Please tell us your exactly adress and name of your hotel in Cusco, in order to avoid delays for the treks&tours.
- ECO PATH TREK will not refund if the participant decides to cancel 48 hours before the departure day or during the trip.
- Whether ECO PATH TREK does not confirm your booking, your payment will be refunded in full.
- Participants must declare if he / she has disease or medical condition and must bring his / her own medication.
- All participants must bring their original passport and, if applicable, your original ISIC student card , with valid expiration date.
- All clients must have their personal travel insurance his/her insurance must cover, accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other costs incurred due to the loss, damage or injury that occurs to the client. the travel agency shall not be liable for causing an accident or loss of personal belongings of the client.
- In the event of force majeure that occurs as the inability of the Program or a hike through exceptional or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ECO PATH TREK as Operation: conditions to operate extreme weather conditions, landslides, strikes or place them on risk, the sudden inaccessibility of route, etc. Are not allowed. Eco Path Trek propose practical solutions to want to run that program within the deadlines, or if it is not possible, then to propose an alternative program. If the alternative program chosen by the customer is less than the originally booked the customer is entitled to a refund of the price difference.