Tour Sacred Valley of the Incas in 1 Day
Tour Sacred Valley of the Incas is an attraction that you can not miss if you visit the city of Cusco. The most famous artisans of Peru, and sacred mountains of the Incas. In its route a great diversity of Inca ruins of different styles and cultural value can be appreciated.
The first place to visit is the Chincheros site, famous for its typical market and textiles. Then you will meet Moray’s agricultural experimentation laboratory. In the afternoon we arrive at the mythical town of Ollantaytambo, and to finish we visit the agricultural platforms of Pisac.
- The scenery is the perfect backdrop with towering mountains glistening with glacial peaks.
- Chinchero Archaeological Park has beautiful Inca terraces, a colonial church, and a large plaza. Chinchero is known for as a weaving community, and their artisanal handicraft items are very much sought after. In the main plaza of the Chinchero Archaeological Park, you can find local woman proudly selling items.
- Park of Ollantaytambo is another splendid Inca site. It can be found looming over the adorable hamlet of Ollanta (for short). This charming village again boasts charming cobblestone streets with lovely Inca water canals.
- The small village of Maras is the gateway to the Moray Archaeological Park. These three unusual terraces are often referred to as the “agricultural experimental laboratories of the Incas. Also, you will visit the Maras Salt Flats.
- Pisac it’s the closest village to the Sacred Valley in Cusco. It boasts a gorgeous Inca ruin that towers over the whole village, lovely artisanal market. The powerful mountains tower in the backdrop and the mighty Urubamba River rushes nearby.
Inclusions of this tour
CUSCO - CHINCHERO - MARAS - MORAY - OLLANTAYTAMBO - PISAC
The tour starts with pick up from your hotel at 6:30 am, then we head to the first Inca attraction. CHINCHEROS is an urban center that still has walls and temples of the Incas, you can also see the 16th century colonial temple. Chinchero is known for its weavers who in their homes will be able to teach the techniques and customs inherited from the ancestors.
Afterwards we moved to the MORAY agricultural experimentation complex, it is a system of terraces, whose purpose was the adaptation of new tropical species to the Andes. Near this place is another very famous attraction SALT MINES OF MARAS, this place is open all year round, was used since the Inca times as a natural source of salt, there it is possible to learn about its extraction process and uses. In the route to the sacred valley you can enjoy a beautiful landscape, dominated by the snowy mountains of Vilcanota, the most important are CHICON, PITUSIRAY, SAWASIRAY, VERONICA.
Continuing the route we arrive at the living Inca city of OLLANTAYTAMBO, this place does not change in more than 500 years, still maintains the urban designs and traces of the Incas, in this place we will visit the temple of the sun, agricultural sector, temple of the moon, Ceremonial fountain, and the hill TUNUPA.
At noon we return to Urubamba where we will have a stop of 1 hour to have lunch, in this city there are many options of menu or buffet.
During the afternoon we will visit the archaeological complex of PISAC very famous for its agricultural terraces, and the largest Inca cemetery in South America, in this town you will also be able to know more about its history and very beautiful crafts. Another attraction is the typical market where many farmers come from various regions bringing their products such as fruits, vegetables, meat, animals, etc.
After having enjoyed the best of the SACRED VALLEY we will be back in Cusco at 7:00 pm.
Best season to travel
The best time to visit Peru is during the dry season, between May and November, when the weather is dry and bright, with more frequent rainfall occurring between November and April.
Choose your preferred departure date to proceed
A unique adventure in Tour Sacred Valley of Incas 1 Day
What to Bring for this tour
Inca Trail Tours
Why Inca Trail Expeditions
We make sure you get a true taste of your destination. We want to create experiences that give you a deeper perspective
Our friendly reservations team have first-hand experience of our holidays and will help you at every stage of your booking. They are available seven days a week to answer your questions.
Inca Trail Expeditions is a 100% local Tour Operator , with more than 15 years of experience.
Discover the most impressive landscapes of the Andes, travel to the Amazon rainforest, enjoy authentic cultural experiences with the best guides in Peru.
Explore the best Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu in small Groups.
Our much-loved National Escorts, whose knowledge and dedication have won us the best reputation in the industry, will make your holiday with us truly extraordinary.