Inca Trail Express to Machu Picchu 1 Day
The Inca Trail Express to Machu Picchu is for hikers with little time to walk the Inca Trail or for those who do not want to do the traditional 4-day trek, but are eager to live the unique experience of walking to Machu Picchu by accessing it at through the Inti Punku (Puerta del Sol) and admire the first glimpse of this architectural wonder from a distance.
Join us on the road that covers the final stretch of the Inca Trail, where you can try the famous longest hike of the Inca Trail and the excitement of entering Machu Picchu through Intipunku, the Puerta del Sol. Our trail begins in Chachabamba ( Km 104 of the railway), where we briefly explore the enchanting ruins in a cloud forest environment. Then we will ascend to the Ruins of Wiñay Wayna (“Forever Young”), and we will make our impressive descent to Machu Picchu, entering the citadel through the Puerta del Sol. In the afternoon when the sacred city of the Incas is less crowded, do the tour with your guide to enjoy an unforgettable sunset.
- Walk in the footsteps of the Incas royal route, marvel at the architectural beauty of its agricultural terraces, temples and shrines.
- This trip gives both trekkers and non-trekkers the chance to visit Machu Picchu with Inca Trail.
- Travel through the Sacred Valley – known for its steep and soaring scenery, its mystical significance for the Inca and the indigenous cultures that still reside here.
- Explore Cusco, South America’s oldest continuously inhabited city. The city has ancient foundations, an interesting blend of Incan and colonial influences, and seemingly endless things to do and see.
- Be delighted with the Inca history told by the knowledgeable guide of our cultural wealth.
- Let yourself be captivated with the beauty of the mountains, cloud forest, beautiful orchids and enjoy the fresh air.
- Experience the short Inca trail hike to the wonder of the Machu Picchu.
- Have a nice experience travelling by train and hiking to Machu Picchu.
Inclusions of this tour
CUSCO - OLLANTAYTAMBO - KM 104 - MACHU PICCHU- CUSCO
The pick up is from your hotel in Cusco at 4:00 am, then we have to going to the train station of ollantaytambo, it takes approximately 2 hours. The train leaves at 6:40 am, after to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way to Machu picchu , you will stop at Km 104, there is waiting for you our tour guide. With him you gonna cross the bridge over the Vilcanota river. After to do the control of the tickets and permits we will hike up towards Wiñayhuayna Inca site. But before we will visit the temple of Pachamama in Chachabamba, then the trail is going on the slopes, this day you will enjoy the wonderful views of the snow mountain “Veronica”, the Urubamba Canyon , many local orchids, and some typical birds of the cloud forest. By 14:00; start exploring Machu Picchu Inca city, your guide explain you all the history about this amazing and mysterious Inca city. At late afternoon, you will enjoy the sunset and take the great picture when Machu Picchu its empty. At 5:00 pm you will take the bus down to Aguas calientes. By 19:00 pm, you will take the train back to Cusco. Ending your journey in your hotel in Cusco at 22:00 pm.
Best season to travel
The best time to visit Peru is during the dry season, between May and November, when the weather is dry and bright, with more frequent rainfall occurring between November and April.
Choose your preferred departure date to proceed
A unique adventure in Inca Trail Express to Machu Picchu 1 Day
What to Bring for this tour
Inca Trail Tours
Why Inca Trail Expeditions
We make sure you get a true taste of your destination. We want to create experiences that give you a deeper perspective
Our friendly reservations team have first-hand experience of our holidays and will help you at every stage of your booking. They are available seven days a week to answer your questions.
Inca Trail Expeditions is a 100% local Tour Operator , with more than 15 years of experience.
Discover the most impressive landscapes of the Andes, travel to the Amazon rainforest, enjoy authentic cultural experiences with the best guides in Peru.
Explore the best Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu in small Groups.
Our much-loved National Escorts, whose knowledge and dedication have won us the best reputation in the industry, will make your holiday with us truly extraordinary.