Discover Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain 1 Day
Palcoyo the new mountain of colors, the rainbow mountains in Palcoyo are a set of 03 mountains that are located in the Andes mountain range, resting in complete solitude, precisely in the Checacupe district of the province of Canchis in the department of Cusco at a height of 4900 meters above sea level.
The mountain of Palcoyo is composed of ocher and red colors, with green, blue and white stripes, the dazzling Palcoyo Color Range is visited by a few travelers a day. Reaching it only requires a gentle walk of 1 hour and without unevenness, transforming it into a less demanding alternative than the long trek to Vinicunca. During the stratospheric formation of the earth, the minerals falling by their own weight, formed layers one on top of the other and in the transformation of the earth with earthquakes and movements of tectonic plates.
- The red river of Palcoyo, very close to Palcoyo there is a small tributary of water that during the rainy season increases its flow, dragging with it the reddish earth of the land in which it is located, and with this this river takes on the same color that has caught the attention of multiple visitors.
- Here you walk away from the crowds of tourists. Palcoyo is about three red mountains that are distributed a short distance from south to north.
- Discover the stone forest from the top you can see the three mountains together, you have a 360 ° view and the Ausangate mountain range in the background.
- Experience the sensation of being in a calm and serene place
- Local people dressed in their native costumes, with one or two alpacas. If anyone dares to take a picture with them, they can ask for it and in return a small tip.
Inclusions of this tour
CUSCO - COMBAPATA - PALCOYO RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
The route to this impressive landscape will begin at approximately 4:00 in the morning, making an approximate journey of 2 hours and 30 minutes to the town of Cusipata where the corresponding food services will be provided. Then we will continue directly for an hour more passing through the town of Pitumarca to finally enter and shortly after arriving at the main attraction, the mountain ranges of colors, a fascinating spectacle, you will not have to do more of a walk, than that necessary to properly appreciate the landscape because the mobility reaches the same appeal in practice. After the reasonable time in the place, you will return on the same route, making the corresponding stop to have lunch.
You will arrive in the city of Cusco at 6:00 p.m.
Best season to travel
The best time to visit Peru is during the dry season, between May and November, when the weather is dry and bright, with more frequent rainfall occurring between November and April.
Choose your preferred departure date to proceed
A unique adventure in Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain 1 Day
What to Bring for this tour
Inca Trail Tours
Why Inca Trail Expeditions
We make sure you get a true taste of your destination. We want to create experiences that give you a deeper perspective
Our friendly reservations team have first-hand experience of our holidays and will help you at every stage of your booking. They are available seven days a week to answer your questions.
Inca Trail Expeditions is a 100% local Tour Operator , with more than 15 years of experience.
Discover the most impressive landscapes of the Andes, travel to the Amazon rainforest, enjoy authentic cultural experiences with the best guides in Peru.
Explore the best Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu in small Groups.
Our much-loved National Escorts, whose knowledge and dedication have won us the best reputation in the industry, will make your holiday with us truly extraordinary.