Glacier Quelccaya & Rainbow Mountains of Vinicunca 3 Days
- Live the experience of walking through the untamed landscape of the Vinicunca colored mountain range. Surrounded by the great snowy Ausangate, you can also visit the viewpoint of the great red valley, which has an appearance similar to that of the planet Mars.
- Explore the great lagoon of Sibinacocha in the Andes of Peru, the color of its waters reflect the beauty of the blue sky, you can also appreciate the bucolic life of the shepherds of lamas and alpacas.
- Enjoy the sky full of stars and the great milky way along with the constellations of the southern hemisphere. This is possible since there are no towns with artificial light.
- Learn more about the traditions and cultures of the Quechua peoples, in the Andes of Peru, they still maintain their customs and traditions of great respect for the environment and its mountains.
- Enjoy the best Peruvian cuisine, our chefs will delight you with the typical dishes of Peru, all our food is grown by farmers who practice organic farming.
Inclusions of this tour
CUSCO - CUSIPATA - VINICUNCA - RED VALLEY - PHINAYA
Our guide will come to pick you up at your hotel in Cusco at 4:00 am, then we will depart in our private transport, heading to the southern valley of Cusco. After an hour and a half we will arrive at the town of Cusipata, where we will stop to have breakfast.
Then we continue in the transport to the town of Phulawasipata (4,200 meters).
From there we start the trek to the top of the Vinicunca mountain of colors (5,100 meters). This journey takes approximately 1 hour, after taking the photos of the summit, we go down to the viewpoint of the Red Valley, and at noon, we must continue with the walk downhill to the town of Quesiuno, where a delicious buffet lunch.
In the afternoon we continue with our trip in our car, to the town of Phinaya (4,700 meters). Where we will spend the night.
Local Home Stay
PHINAYA – SIBINACOCHA LAKE - YAYAMARI - AMAYUNI
After breakfast we go in our transport to the Sibinacocha lagoon, where we will explore in a motor boat for approximately 1 hour. Then we will start our walk in the direction of the Ccascara lagoon.
Today we will have our lunch in the middle of the mountains and glaciers. After 5 hours of walking we will arrive at the Amayuni lagoon, which is surrounded by snow-capped mountains, Hatun Ñaupa Punta, Japu Punta, Yayamari, Huila Aje, Kuntur Ikiña, in the afternoon our transport will pick us up, which will take us back to our family hostel. This day is very important since we will be adapting our body for the great Quelccaya glacier trek.
Local Home Stay
MAT'IS - CH'ALLPA LAKE - QUELCCAYA GLACIER - RUYTA - CUSCO
Today we start early with our expedition, at 6:00 am it will be our breakfast, and then we go in the transport to the starting point of the walk. At 7:45 am we start the ascent passing through the Ruyta wetlands, after two hours we will arrive at the Ch’allpa lagoon, from where we can see the Ausangate mountain ranges.
After two more hours we arrive at the Quelccaya glacier lagoon, and from there we will explore the glacier in all its magnitude, then we will go to the other viewpoint where we can see two lagoons, one chocolate-colored and the other turquoise, with the bottom of the great snow-capped Quelccaya.
After eating our snack lunch, we begin the descent to the Ruyta Valley, we will cross large plains where it is inhabited by vicuñas and alpacas. Today we finish our walk around 3:00 pm.
At sunset we leave the town of Phinaya, and return to Cusco where we will arrive at 10:00 pm.
Best season to travel
The best time to visit Peru is during the dry season, between May and November, when the weather is dry and bright, with more frequent rainfall occurring between November and April.
Choose your preferred departure date to proceed
A unique adventure in Vinicunca Rainbow Mountains & Quelccaya Glacier 3 Days
What to Bring for this tour
Inca Trail Tours
Why Inca Trail Expeditions
We make sure you get a true taste of your destination. We want to create experiences that give you a deeper perspective
Our friendly reservations team have first-hand experience of our holidays and will help you at every stage of your booking. They are available seven days a week to answer your questions.
Inca Trail Expeditions is a 100% local Tour Operator , with more than 15 years of experience.
Discover the most impressive landscapes of the Andes, travel to the Amazon rainforest, enjoy authentic cultural experiences with the best guides in Peru.
Explore the best Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu in small Groups.
Our much-loved National Escorts, whose knowledge and dedication have won us the best reputation in the industry, will make your holiday with us truly extraordinary.