Go to Amazon Rainforest Tours in Peru 3 Days
The Manu National Park, located in southeastern Peru (between the regions of Cusco and Madre de Dios) is one of the largest tropical parks in South America. The manu amazon rainforest park extends from the mountains to the jungle. It covers two million hectares (4.5 million acres), and the territory is rich in flora and fauna with a wide variety of habitats, including the high Andes, rain forests, and rain forests of plains.
In 1977, the Manu National Park was designated as a World Biological Reserve, home to otters, caimans, jaguars, approximately 13 species of primates and about 1000 species of birds, as well as 10% of the vascular plant species in the world, including several species of figs and palms, and innumerable species of medicinal plants, which are being cataloged by scientists. A single hectare of Manu forest can have up to 220 species of trees, while a hectare of temperate forest in Europe or North America can be up to twenty species of trees. The Manu Amazon National Park can be considered the park with the greatest biological diversity and the most protected on the planet.
- The only place in the world with a wide range of biodiversity in flora and fauna, you will enjoy all its colors and flavors
- The amazon rainforest are a beautiful space where you can discover how beautiful and natural we still have on this planet.
- A thousand and one exotic fruits: In the jungle we also find the best biodiversity in Peru, and not only with species of plants, flowers or animals, but in the innumerable list of fruits. You can try Aguaje, arazá, camu camu, carambola, plum, cocona
- Lush nature: If you are already tired of visiting monuments, archeological sites or man-made wonders, and want to merge with nature and have the most extreme adventure you had dreamed of, the jungle is the ideal place for you.
- The amazing mirror lakes, where the most beautiful colors of the abundant Amazonian vegetation are reflected.
- Sunsets that are going to be recorded on your retina. Much better if you can see them from a canoe ride on the river.
- The fauna that inhabits the Amazon rainforest of Peru is one of the reasons why many people visit it, you can see capybaras, alligators, turtles, puffins, dart poison frogs, freshwater dolphins, otters, monkeys, macaws, coati, tapir , lazy, toucans, parrots, capuchin monkeys, jaguars and more, always accompanied by a specialist.
Inclusions of this tour
CUSCO - SAN PEDRO CLOUD FOREST – PILCOPATA
The Manu National Park of 3 Days , we will start our adventure by picking you up from your hotel in the city of Cusco, and we will take the road to Manu National Park; We will cross beautiful inter-Andean valleys and picturesque villages until arriving at the pre-Inca “chullpas” tombs of Ninamarca. Approximately at noon we will be arriving at Paucartambo, a beautiful village that welcomes us with its colonial houses.
Then we proceed to the lookout point at Acjanaco at the pass 4,000m (13,123 ft.) for an outstanding view over the cloud forest and lowlands. This is the entry point to Manu National Park. From here we travel down through pristine cloud forest with unique local flora. The landscape is stunning: we will pass many waterfalls, sweeping views of the valley and dense cloud forest vegetation: mosses, lichens, orchids and birds unique in this part of the world. The cock of the rock, trogons, tanagers; capuchin monkeys and wooly monkeys can also be seen. Then we arrive to our lodge in the evening, where we will sleep in a beautiful and rustic lodge.
El Paraiso Lodge
AMAZON LODGE - LAKE MACHUHUASI-WALK IN THE JUNGLE
Starting the day off we’ll take a guided tour around the lodge, with an emphasis on local medicinal plants, peruvian Amazon fruit trees and a coca plantation. After we continue to the small town of Atalaya, 600 m (1,968 ft), we will board the motorized boat and meet with the local crew. From Atalaya we leave by motorized boat to our lodge. A long the boat trip we will see many different kind of animals, birds, plants and flowers.
In the afternoon we will visit Machuwasi Lake, on the way there are great birding and wildlife spotting opportunities and in the oasis of the lake live caiman, the prehistoric bird hoatzin (Opisthocomus hoazin), capybara and other Amazonian aquatic life. Have your cameras ready, as the trip on simple balsam pole rafts as the placid water is mirror like and we will encounter many birds, insect and some monkeys in this secluded lake.
After this walk in the extraordinary Amazon we return to our lodge
Amazon Eco Lodge
MACAW CLAY LICK - BACK TO CUSCO
We will leave early to visit the parrot clay lick, we’ll board our river boat to visit the parrot clay lick nearby. Weather conditions permitting, we’ll have an unforgettable look at parakeets, parrots, and (with luck) macaw pairs dining on the mineral rich clay they use to help supplement their diet and improve their digestion. It’s a truly vibrant site with all the colors and movement. After returning for breakfast, we pack in to the boat and head for back up river to Atalaya where we rejoin our minivan for the winding and beautiful drive back through the cloud forest to Cusco.
Best season to travel
The best time to visit Peru is during the dry season, between May and November, when the weather is dry and bright, with more frequent rainfall occurring between November and April.
Choose your preferred departure date to proceed
A unique adventure in Manu Amazon Rainforest Tours 3 Days
What to Bring for this tour
Inca Trail Tours
Why Inca Trail Expeditions
We make sure you get a true taste of your destination. We want to create experiences that give you a deeper perspective
Our friendly reservations team have first-hand experience of our holidays and will help you at every stage of your booking. They are available seven days a week to answer your questions.
Inca Trail Expeditions is a 100% local Tour Operator , with more than 15 years of experience.
Discover the most impressive landscapes of the Andes, travel to the Amazon rainforest, enjoy authentic cultural experiences with the best guides in Peru.
Explore the best Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu in small Groups.
Our much-loved National Escorts, whose knowledge and dedication have won us the best reputation in the industry, will make your holiday with us truly extraordinary.