TOUR TO MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN 1 DAY
Tour to Machu Picchu in Peru, Located on top of a mountain in the middle of a tropical forest, it is considered the best tourist attraction in Peru. Sanctuary of Machu Picchu is a place that captivates tourists not only because of its dazzling architectural beauty, but also because of its important historical-cultural legacy, which has led it to be recognized and admired throughout the world.
Currently, this Inca jewel is one of the tourist centers of the country. Travelers go to Aguas Calientes to start the Inca route that Hiram Bingham, of Yale professor, popularized at the beginning of the 20th century. The Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu is considered one of the seven new wonders of the modern world and was declared a World Heritage Site in 1983. It is probably the most amazing architectural construction of the Inca Empire. This citadel is made up of temples, palaces, terraces, monuments, ensembles and walls; In addition to water channels, built with large blocks of stone, without any type of amalgam, proof of the great wisdom of the Inca civilization.
- Discover the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu one of the grandest and most enthralling sites to see in the whole of Latin America, with an expert local guide. Visiting this citadel hidden in the mountains is inspiration enough for a first-time visit, but the Incas were just one in a long line of peoples with a surviving legacy to explore.
- Visiting this citadel hidden in the mountains is inspiration enough for a first-time visit, but the Incas were just one in a long line of peoples with a surviving legacy to explore. The temples, palaces and houses are in a remarkable preserved state. The Spanish never ventured up the mountains and so left it untouched.
- With a spectacular train journey through the Urubamba Valley, arrive back in the archaeological city of Cusco, to spend your final nights in the glorious former capital of the Incan empire.
- The greatest cultural legacy of the Inca Empire, in the sanctuary of Machu Picchu, you will be able to learn more closely the true history of this advanced culture, in terms of astronomy, agriculture, engineering, and art.
- You will be surrounded by a very spectacular nature, which merges with the blue sky of the Andes, and its great mountains, which allow you to take the best photos on your trip to Peru.
Inclusions of this tour
CUSCO - OLLANTAYTAMBO-MACHUPICCHU - CUSCO
Early in the morning we will pick up you at 3:40 am, from your Hotel in Cusco. Then we go by bus to Ollantaytambo Train Station, to take the train at 6:40 am. Through a beautiful landscape along the Sacred Valley of the Incas, you will arrive at 8:00 am, to Aguas Calientes. There is waiting for you our staff, with him you will take the bus, to the machu picchu citadel, it takes like 30 min. When you arrive to the gate, there you will meet with your tour guide, he will show you all the most important places for 2 hours. The mystical serenity that emanates from these towering walls and the mystery of the stones fit perfectly, inspires a deep respect for the builders of this monumental work, which have managed to combine their art with the whims of a wild nature. After spending unforgettable moments in Machu Picchu, you will return to Aguas Calientes to take our tourist train back towards Ollantaytambo, then by bus to Cusco.
NOTE: To climb Huayna Picchu, Machu Picchu mountain; it is necessary to book at leats 4 months in advance, because the amount of the spaces, are limited. Therefore, if you are interested in this Tickets, please let us know in advance. But is with extra cost of $ 30 usd. All changes of your train departures will be mentioned 1 or 2 days before the departure with our staff at the briefing time in the travel office.
Best season to travel
The best time to visit Peru is during the dry season, between May and November, when the weather is dry and bright, with more frequent rainfall occurring between November and April.
TOUR TO MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN 1 DAYPrice $ USD 270 PP or Reserve now with $ USD 200 PP
Choose your preferred departure date to proceed
A unique adventure in Tour to Machu Picchu by Train 1 Day
What to Bring for this tour
Essential Trip Information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information
Inca Trail Tours
Why Inca Trail Expeditions
We make sure you get a true taste of your destination. We want to create experiences that give you a deeper perspective
Our friendly reservations team have first-hand experience of our holidays and will help you at every stage of your booking. They are available seven days a week to answer your questions.
Inca Trail Expeditions is a 100% local Tour Operator , with more than 15 years of experience.
Discover the most impressive landscapes of the Andes, travel to the Amazon rainforest, enjoy authentic cultural experiences with the best guides in Peru.
Explore the best Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu in small Groups.
Our much-loved National Escorts, whose knowledge and dedication have won us the best reputation in the industry, will make your holiday with us truly extraordinary.